15620 Chautauqua Road
Petersburg, Illinois 62675
Office: (217) 632-2722
Fax: (217) 632-7820
Garage (217) 632-2316
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Highway Department Calendar QBS - Professional Services
The Menard County Highway Department is responsible for the construction and maintenance of all bridges and roads in the Menard County Highway System. In addition to constructing and maintaining the 95 miles of county highways and 24 bridges, upon request, the department provides advice and assistance to the nine road districts concerning the 392 miles of highways and 49 bridges under road district jurisdiction.
- Sealcoat: Oil & Chip
- Pothole Patching
- Bridge & Culvert Repairs
- Bridge Deck Cleaning/Sweeping
- Snow and Ice Removal
- Crack Filling
- Shoulder Repairs
- Culvert Replacement
- Ditch Cleaning/Replacement
- Sign Maintenance
- Brush & Tree Trimming
Any concerns or compliments about roads or bridges should be addressed to the appropriate agency. If on a Menard County Highway, forward the concern to the Menard County Highway Department. If on a Road District road, forward the concern to the appropriate road commissioner.
Please click on any of the following items to view or print the information.
- Menard County Road System
- Menard County Road Commissioner's & Clerks
- Menard County Snow Removal Policy
- Menard County Snow Routes Map
- Removing Road Paint From Vehicle
- Weight Limits
- Weight Limit Permit
- Weight Limits Map
- Frequently Asked Questions about Weight Limits
- Overweight/Oversize Permit Policy
Please check out the following sites for more related information:
- IL Department of Transportation
- IL Association of County Engineers
- IL Farm Bureau: Truck & Trailer Size and Weight
- IL State Water Survey - Soil Temperatures